LAST UPDATED October 1, 2017
Information we collect
We may collect and store the following Personal Information from users:
- Information you submit. If you choose to create an account with Shovler, you will provide us with your contact information, including email address, password, name, and geographic location. If you create a customer account, you will be able to provide additional information when engaging the services, including information about the snow removal services you might need.
- Location. Shovler provides a marketplace to connect independent snow removal contractors and customers based on geographic proximity. To accomplish this, we may collect location data from sources such as GPS, Wi-Fi and cell towers once you install or access Shovler.
- Information from your browser or device. We will collect information about the device or browser you use to access Shovler. This might include information about the referring webpage.
- Payment methods. If you order services through Shovler, we will collect your credit card or other payment information as necessary to process transactions for purchased services.
- Bank information. If you register as a service provider on Shovler, we may require that you submit bank account or other payment receipt information so we may transfer you the fees you earn.
- Customer and technical support information. If you contact us for customer or technical support, we may collect the information you share with us.
How we use your Personal Information
The Company users Personal Information in the following ways:
- to facilitate for the matching of users for snow removal and other services;
- to calculate the pricing and availability of our services;
- to provide customer and technical support;
- to share your contact information with other users to resolve issues;
- to send informational and promotional emails and text (SMS) messages about Shovler or its affiliates;
- to share your payment information (including credit card information) to third party payment processors in order to facilitate your purchase of services on Shovler;
- to pay you for services completed as a service provider; and
- to comply with legal or governmental orders and processes, including but not limited to subpoenas and discovery requests.
Shovler is not directed at, and we do not collect Personal Information from, children under the age of 13. If you believe that we may have Personal Information about a child younger than 13, please contact us immediately so we may remove it.
The Company takes your security seriously and utilizes appropriate physical and electronics safeguards to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply won't be intercepted while being transmitted to us. You acknowledge and agree that you transmit all information, including Personal Information, to Shovler or the Company at your own risk.
Links to third parties
Shovler may contain links to access third party websites or applications. We cannot guarantee the safety of your information when interacting with third parties. You acknowledge and agree that you will access third party links solely at your own risk.